Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 24

Two Journeys: Britany Versus Danielle

Danielle Colding and Britany Simon

Britany and Danielle may be friends, but only one can go home the Design Star. Find out who wins it all, tonight at 9/8c! Here’s a peek at the two finalists’ road to the last challenge.

Who do you think will win? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 5:08 pm

138 Comments

1. Fan votes don't count. Genevieve was probably threatened by Britany. Danielle was babied all through the competition and I'm done with HGTV. By the way, was that "institutional green" that Danielle used on the wall??? I told you the show was rigged. Now we have apologetic, cry-baby, squeaky voiced Danielle. Boo!

Good luck Britany, you are too good for HGTV!

Lori on July 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm
  2. Yea! Danielle. Both Britany and Danielle were good, but only one could win. Look forward to see you new show Danielle.

Carmen on July 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm
  3. I think they are both good designers, but Britany would be my choice. Why? I simply cannot watch anyone who slurs the letter "s" when they speak. It's an affectation that is unbecoming and actually sounds as if the speaker has been drinking off-camera! If Danielle is chosen, I hope she will be given elocution lessons so that she understands the word is "extreme" not "ekshtreme." Otherwise, I won't be watching.

Frankie on July 24, 2012 at 6:08 pm
  4. Love your design style Brittany!

Cyndi on July 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm
  5. I think Brittany brings so much more to the table. I feel Danielle has shown throughout the competition not being detail oriented and very sloppy. I really think Brittany has a wonderful personality and HGTV would be crazy not to give her something as far as a show. I just don't get the final decision. I hope the decision wasn't based on a discrimination reason.

Katy Whitmire on July 24, 2012 at 6:09 pm
  6. I'm so glad Danielle won! I originally supported Mikel but I'm very please with this season's winner. I think the judges made an excellent decision! Danielle had real potential and was great with her decision to center the room around her client's art work. Great Job, Danielle! And, great job to all other DesignStar contestants! You all put up great competition!

Ashley on July 24, 2012 at 6:10 pm
  7. Only generics? Can't tell it like it is?

Lori on July 24, 2012 at 6:11 pm
  8. I think Britany was the better designer I didn't like Danielle's rooms at all they were too busy. I didn't watch all of this season but I felt They were tough on Britany and let Danielle slid alot.

Shaun on July 24, 2012 at 6:11 pm
  9. 'shop my room' seemed very spoon fed by hgtv. I wouldnt be surprised if the outcome had been determined weeks before the finals. Danielle shouldn't have been in the top 3. Mikel, Hilary, and Brit were stronger designers and way easier to watch.

DJ Dhrone on July 24, 2012 at 6:11 pm
  10. Ick… seriously, Danielle? So glad I didn't watch. What a crock! But I guess at least a few people will have a job, because Danielle will never finish a room on time so she'll need loads of help and there will be plenty of work for editors to piece a show together with personality that doesn't include crying ever five seconds.

@ShadowSeeker on July 24, 2012 at 6:11 pm