Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 26

Who’s Your Favorite Designer? Last Chance to Vote!

Design Star Fan Vote

Have you voted for your favorite designer today? You have until tomorrow, July 27, at noon to help decide which contestant will win a show on HGTV.com. We’ll announce the winner right here — until then, don’t forget to cast your virtual ballot!

Who’s your favorite designer? Vote now »

Posted at 4:55 pm

22 Comments

1. I voted for Britany! I think she's a wonderful designer and she could have been the next Design Star!

Libby on July 26, 2012 at 1:32 pm
  2. Danielle was picked before the show began. Brittany was spectacular, but she didn't have a chance.

unfair judges on July 26, 2012 at 1:41 pm
    • How do you know this?

just might be so on July 27, 2012 at 3:21 am
  3. This comment is for David- You said Danielle "oozed star." Really?? She has kind of an irritating high pitched whine when she speaks. Also, Britany's family seemed to have very discriminating taste and would have been much harder to please. You mentioned "losing a little of Danielle" in order to please her family…She could have planted a toilet bowl in the middle of the livingroom and that cute, sweet, artsy family would have loved it. They were adorable, but you could have given them anything unique, eclectic and saturated with color. They were very easy going.

just an opinion on July 26, 2012 at 2:17 pm
  4. BRITANY, DUH!

JohnsonsFamily on July 26, 2012 at 2:22 pm
  5. Do you think the judges just enjoy messing with the fans of the show? Maybe they just enjoy "wielding their designer powers."

dumbfounded on July 26, 2012 at 2:46 pm
  6. Uhhh.. Some of us watch the episodes ON LINE!! When you [the web producer, whomever, dum bas_s ] GIVE AWAY the WINNER on the page one would look for full episodes it Kinda RUINS the entire season!!!! Thanks!!!.. Unprofessional, shortsighted.. i could go on, but you aren't worth it.

Jane on July 26, 2012 at 4:25 pm
  7. I agree with Libby, Britany was awesome and perhaps you all at hgtv, should give her own show. She appeals much more to the audience than whinny Danielle

Big Mistake on July 26, 2012 at 4:50 pm
  8. Both are equally capable designers. Brittany seems to think a little bit more out of the box. But either is good for designing. Neither are super star designers nor horribly bad designers.

BUT, I agree Danielle's voice squeaks and she doesn't come across as really genuine on the big screen.
    Don't really care what you people or so called judges say at HGTV. You can't convince me Danielle's a natural on TV. I don't think so. Every time I see her, the expression on her face conveys one of sheer struggle – like she's trying really hard to squueeze something out of herself! (sorry if my words come off as harsh. Just being honest. Not meant to offend) It's kind of painful to watch.

Having said that, I wouldn't have cared for Brittany's show either. A WHOLE 30 MINUTE SHOW EVERY WEEK, based on photography and design. REALLY??? SERIOUSLY?!?!? I wouldn't even bothered to check out the show to see if it was any good. Her photography was bland during DS. Why would I want to subject myself to further torture?

Yeah yeah I know go ahead thumbs down me. IDC. It's just my POV.

guest on July 26, 2012 at 6:43 pm
    • "You can't convince me Danielle's a natural on TV. I don't think so. Every time I see her, the expression on her face conveys one of sheer struggle – like she's trying really hard to squueeze something out of herself! (sorry if my words come off as harsh. Just being honest. Not meant to offend) It's kind of painful to watch."

My thoughts exaclty! I won't be able to bear watching her show.

exactamundo on July 27, 2012 at 3:23 am
  9. Vote for Yuki! Its amazing how high she has stayed on fan favorites!!

guest on July 26, 2012 at 6:56 pm
  10. I am happy for all of the contestants because they all have a destiny in life. Remember no one can change their destiny. Be happy for them. Life is precious and no one should go around being mad at the designers. what ever will be will be.

shalom on July 27, 2012 at 2:06 am