Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. mikel was best he should have won

matt todd on September 16, 2012 at 6:59 am
  2. I am happy that Brittany won the online show. She was my second fav. i think Danielle was the right choice for the Design Star although I thought it was close. Yes, Danielle was nervous but so was David as someone pointed out. I watched Danielle's shows and loved them. I am waiting for more episodes. .

Mary Ann on October 7, 2012 at 10:17 pm
  3. Love the network but It seems to me HGTV is very light on content. Same shows over and over. The good shows that are shown are Canadian (Love Sarah's shows), We need Viewer favorite Brittany Shows from the USA! Brittany was the true design star – when is her online show airing?

Kim on November 18, 2012 at 9:16 pm
  4. Britany deserves to be no :1 shes great

burçlar on December 21, 2012 at 7:22 am
  5. Cong. Brittany.. you deserve to win… shes great…

burçlar on December 21, 2012 at 7:25 am
  6. Yuki was also great….

rüya yorumları on December 25, 2012 at 11:32 pm
  7. I LOVED Brittany all season and thought her final room design was stunning but as a designer I do understand why Danielle won. Her shopping concept and pilot program execution was just tops. Two great designers, my favourite is still Brittany but looking forward to Danielle's show.

Dear HGTV, thank you for this fabulous program. I am an interior decorator and colour consultant from Australia and we have nothing like this. US, Canadian and UK design shows have completely changed the industry. Hats off and well done from OZ. Michelle Carroll.

Sold On Interiors on January 4, 2013 at 6:57 pm
  8. I love Brittany I think she should of won she is way way way better than Danielle. Brittany should get her own show on Tv. :)

go Brittany on April 28, 2013 at 7:50 am