Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. That's soo true, Danielle looks really faaaaaakkkeeee!!! Don't understand the judges decision, very dissapointed on the show :(

BMaite77 on August 2, 2012 at 9:15 am
  2. The show was fixed from the beginning for Danielle. A show about how to shop? Really? Britany's was so much more creative. I would have watched her show. I know how to shop.
    HGTV should listen to its viewers. We clearly preferrred Britany. Meg was and is a joke. Only watched her show once. Awful.

Debbie on August 2, 2012 at 2:21 pm
  3. I would love to know where Britany Simon got the beautiful over-sized Greek silhouette art work she used in the Season Finale?

Michelle Schuman on August 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm
  4. Danielle Colding…
    For the first time I DVR'd the winner of Design Star.
    You got it right!
    Danielle is the total package..
    I love her first two shows… And I am looking forward to her future shows.
    At the end of her second show I said out loud ..
    "you got it… You've really got it."
    Danielle puts a smile on my face..
    Her energy is contagious .
    Thank you Design Star for seeing Danielle's amazing potential.
    Mary Grace

Mary Grace on August 5, 2012 at 8:05 am
  5. Yuki all the way!

Jason on August 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm
  6. Brittany's show should be exactly what she has been doing on Design Star! I always loved her designs… I think the judges picked Danielle over Brittany because Brittany didn't always clearly express what she was thinking design-wise in the camera challenges, even though she did in the side interviews. I loved watching Brittany, I loved her design and her design tips, and I would totally watch her show, online or on HGTV!

stephaniamaria on August 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm
  7. I'm really happy Danielle won she, she has personality and great designs, and whoever doesn't watch Meg you are missing out, I love her, she is so down to earth and really gets the people she is designing for, and I love the way her and Mark get along it's like watching two friends hang out. David is my all time favorite, I am truly happy for all his sucess.

mary on August 5, 2012 at 8:19 pm
  8. All of you who hate Danielle – her show was awesome and different. Brittany did som beautiful rooms-and this season was so close-after Antonio won and the viewers voiced their disappointment loud and clear-HGTV turned a deaf ear. The very few who loved Antonio could not carry him for very long. He was terrible when he did challenges-even stated he "did not care what the home owner wanted" he would do it his way. Yet Gen and Candice loved his macho style.

Don't look for Brittani to do much after her online show. That is not the way it works.

maria on August 7, 2012 at 5:56 am
  9. Yes, and she even copied Brittany's idea on the yert by putting the fabric behind the wooden slats.

Heather on August 7, 2012 at 8:24 pm
  10. I want Hilari to have her OWN SHOW!! I want to WATCH HER!!!!!!!!!

Lori on August 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm