Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 30

Sneak Peek: All Stars Season Premiere

Design Star All-Stars Cast

Missing Design Star? Don’t worry — you can fill the void with our brand-new series, Design Star All Stars, starting Tuesday, July 31 at 9/8c.  Get a sneak peek of what you’ll see this season, plus watch exclusive scenes from the premiere.

Here’s what you’ll see in the first episode:

Preview the challenges and top moments of the season here.

Which All Star are you rooting for? Weigh in with a comment below.

Posted at 10:10 am

130 Comments

1. Actually, all of these designers deserve a second chance; what a good idea to bring these talented people back ~ three women, three men ~ to keep it even. Good luck to all of them! No favorites yet; let's see what happens on the first show with their individual creativity!

cheryl johnson on July 30, 2012 at 12:06 pm
  2. I REALLY hope Josh is NOT eliminated in the first round. Since he doesn't have the wallpaper he wants, perhaps his whole design scheme will not be successful…but he was a lot of fun to watch & even though I don't care for the sparkly way he designs, he has a great camera presence just as Hillary & could also be humorous at times.

Don't know if they want Dan to replace Bromstad and that would be fine since I never cared for Davids Miami show. Hoping Josh, Hillary and Dan are there for a while before eliminated. The other 2 females can go at anytime but I suspect they'll eliminate Tom first.

Wayne on July 30, 2012 at 1:05 pm
  3. It will be interesting to see what each designer learned from their previous HGTV experiences. No doubt they have come a long way, too, in their designing careers since we last saw them compete. At first blush, I am leaning toward Hilari, who is such a treat to watch. She has a lot of spunk – and class ("grace under pressure").

Parkebernet on July 30, 2012 at 1:46 pm
  4. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HILARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3:D

Lauren on July 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm
  5. GOO HILARI U ROCK!!!!!!!

Rachel on July 30, 2012 at 8:57 pm
  6. i can't wait to see sparkle josh again, i thought he was a winner when he was on the first time. but i not' to sure now. hilery is here now. i thought for sure she was going to go all the way. will be routting for her again. jackie

jacklynn garcia on July 31, 2012 at 12:29 am
  7. My order:

6th Tom
    5th Kellie
    4th Sparkle Josh
    3rd Leslie
    2nd Hilari
    1st Dan

J.B. on July 31, 2012 at 6:24 am
    • I like Dan and Sparkle Josh! Dan is an amazing designer and has such personality!

Brad Booker on July 31, 2012 at 10:54 am
  8. I think HGTV did such a smart move, I can still hardly believe it!

I'm not even going to say who I think should win. I would be happy with anyone of course, but I do have my FAVORITES!

David on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 am
  9. hilari is going to have another chance to shine. I just hope the judges will see what she is capable of doing.

shalom on July 31, 2012 at 9:12 am
  10. Sparkle was before my time watching, but I like all the remaining designers. Hilary and Leslie are probably my favorites, but it seems to be a great line-up.

Rickapolis on July 31, 2012 at 10:54 am