Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 17

Sneak Peek: All Stars Season Finale!

Final Three Designers

It’s down to three designers — only one can win the $25,000 prize and an appearance on an HGTV show. Who will be crowned the first Design Star All Star? Get a sneak peek of the action.

Who do you think will win it all? Cast your vote in the comments below.

Posted at 10:00 am

139 Comments

1. Thank you Felice for expressing what you think I do everyday. I do not spend 85% of my time on the computer. Just a few minutes when I have time. I just feel that Gen should not be twitting to any of the contestants. She and Candice ousted Dan the first time around and she did it again according to her twitter blog.
    As far as I know freedom of speech is still one of our rights here in America. I assume you want to take that right from me.
    Why pick on me -all bloggers cast their opinion about the judges. Is it because I found the truth?

maria on August 20, 2012 at 6:08 am
  2. I am so disappointed Dan got sent home. He should have won the first season he was on and definitely should have stayed on here. He is so talented and charasmatic. Don't think I will be watching this any longer as I really don't care who wins now. Again, very disappointed in the judges.

dbaumann4 on August 20, 2012 at 11:57 am
    • I agree…..I thought for sure he was the chosen one….

Guest on August 21, 2012 at 7:19 pm
  3. I think hilary will win because she won"t have to worry about anyone REARRANGING her designs and she won"t have to worry about anyone not TAKING her advice. She was only trying to help but they would not LISTEN.

shalom on August 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm
  4. Just out of curiousity, does anybody know the dimensions of the shipping containers? And who are the judges for the final three? It'll be interesting to see what the designers do with these unique spaces, and whose show they'll make a guest appearance on. Good luck, all*stars!!!

guest on August 21, 2012 at 7:34 am
    • I thought they said the containers were 7 feet deep and 20 feet long.

Anne on August 22, 2012 at 7:02 am
  5. Just out of curiousity, does anyone know the dimensions of the shipping containers?

guest on August 21, 2012 at 8:07 am
    • I think there are roughly 20' by 8' by 8'. But I'm sure there are many exceptions.

Rickapolis on August 21, 2012 at 8:21 am
  6. This Design All Star has a bit of fishy business taking place!!! After Dan Vickery's dismissal, there were a few questions that came to mind, and I thought I'd share then with the other analytic minds on this message board!!
    1. Why are there so few All Stars? There were 7 seasons of DS. However, there are only 6 competitors.
    2. By having so few competitors, Were they attempting to make it easier for a pre-chosen contestant to win?
    3. How did Hilari Younger qualify? We see tons of fans for Hilari now, but let's face it this was taped months ago far before any of the pro -Hilari comments.
    4. Why was Dan V. eliminated for the green wall, especially since Tom and Leslie designed such a bland space for TV. Could it be that the strongest competitor was being taken from the running to make someone's win easier?
    If I am correct, this points to Hilari winning the DS All Star. She clearly was one of the judge's favorite from Season 7, and he or she wanted to redeem her. Also, with a little Twitter snooping, she also changed her Twitter name from some obscure name to "Hilari Younger"!!! I guess we'll all see tonight. Thanks for reading!!!

MirrorMirror12 on August 21, 2012 at 9:38 am
    • Guess you were wrong!

Disappointed on August 21, 2012 at 6:13 pm
      • Although my conclusion was wrong, my questions were well thought out!!! At least I took a risk, which is more that can be said for most!!!

MirrorMirror12 on August 21, 2012 at 8:48 pm
  7. I'm not sure there is a secret agenda anywhere. They are only doing four episodes of the show, so unless they were to do double eliminations every week six contestants was about all that could be managed.
    I thought Dan would probably win it all too, especially after the first week, but he repeated a mistake he made in his own season and maybe that's why the panel let him go. HGTV didn''t need to do another whole series of shows if they wanted Hilari back on the air, they could just hire her. Just because she didn't win the 'Design Star Challenge' doesn't mean they can't give her a show as well.
    Everyone has their own opinion on who is the best designer, but to imagine all this secret intrigue is, in my opinion, a little over the top. I watch the programs for the design and the competition. If you want politics, the party conventions are on a different channel.

Rickapolis on August 21, 2012 at 11:47 am
    • nicely said!

Haley on August 21, 2012 at 7:11 pm
    • This seems to be a direct response to my comment. Is it? If it is, then my response to you would be that I just posed a few questions. Although my conclusion was wrong ,my questions were well intended!!! Also, if you believe that these reality TV programs do not have an agenda of a set audience, then you're sorely mistaken. There is a set audience that is being targeted with each host addition. TV is a business!!! Whoever is going to capture the greatest amount of viewers wins!!! If you don't think so, then there would be no reason to poll the number of viewers!!! The greater amount of viewers sell ad/ commercials and so on!!! Just a thought…

MirrorMirror12 on August 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm
  8. Dan and a few other designers did not listen when david tried to warn them. Hilary is a good listener and she deserves a chance to win. She also has a kind personality. She never mistreat any of the other designers and she never rearranged anyone else designs.

shalom on August 21, 2012 at 3:05 pm
  9. Good luck to the three finalists ~ Hilari, Leslie, and Tom! I think the guest appearance will be on David's show, since he has been the mentor/critic/host; possibly Danielle's show, or Meg's show ~ just my opinion. It would be fun to have a show like the old Designer's Challenge, which this AllStar finale will be very much like. The wiinning AllStar could either mentor or host or be one of the contestants. Otherwise, I can't think of any other options for a guest appearance. It's been an interesting Allstar Challenge, certainly better than HH reruns!

cheryl johnson on August 21, 2012 at 3:27 pm
  10. I really don't care who wins because Dan is a better designer than any one of them. I would love to see him work ALONE on the shipping container. I bet it would be fabulous. And he is so likeable and his camera work was much improved over his Design Star season. Out of all of them, he is the one I would want to design in my house – and that includes the judges.

Betty on August 21, 2012 at 3:31 pm