Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Oct 9

Casting Call: Apply Now to Be on Two Huge HGTV Shows

Casting for these two shows is now closed. Tune in this summer for Brother Vs. Brother and an all-new competition series, Flipping the Block.

Are you missing Brother Vs. Brother? Think you could do better than the season one contestants? You can apply now to be a contestant on season two of BvB and an all-new HGTV home renovation series. Read on for more details.

Brother Vs. Brother

Drew Scott and Jonathan Scott

If you’re a dynamic, hardworking and energetic home improvement expert, apply to be a part of Brother Vs. Brother season two. Hands-on skills a plus. To apply and for more information, visit www.castinghgtvshows.com.

But that’s not all! HGTV is also casting for a brand new home renovation competition show. Do you love to flip, renovate and design homes with your brother, mother, spouse or friend? Do you want the chance to win $50,000 and much more? HGTV is now casting for friends, couples or family members who renovate, design and dream big to participate in HGTV’s new renovation challenge. To apply and for more information, visit www.castinghgtvshows.com.

To find out more information about appearing on many more HGTV shows, visit our Be On HGTV page.

Posted at 11:37 am

78 Comments

1. Hi guys – I am currently having to move into my fiancé's house (his father built the house and it's the house he grew up in). The kitchen cabinets look like barns and there is a large stone fireplace going the whole extent of the wall in the front room which is very ugly. The fireplace isn't even centered in the middle of the wall. My Fiancé owns the house outright so its a great financial move to live in this house however I am afraid that it will drive me crazy. I am making great sacrifices to move to his house. Moving 30 minutes away from my family, moving my kids to a different school and trying to accept this house as my own. He is currently trying to fix it up and I respect that he is trying. But its a rough looking house and kind of dark and gloomy. I've been watching your shows and getting great inspiration from what you do. Your show give me encouragement and I want to say thank you!

Pamela on March 21, 2014 at 7:54 pm
  2. I live outside of Ann Arbor MI with my husband and granddaughter. When we bought our farm house we were told it was built in 1901 but it may be as old as 1857. Our home was a foreclosure, vacant for two years, and in need of a lot of repair. We have done much of it and are proud of what we have accomplished thus far. The home has two staircases and a lot of character but still in need of a laundry room, entrance area and closet. We would welcome any other ideas you may have to make this antique home function in a modern world.
    The house is on the historic Old Sauk Indian Trail and we can see the site where the University of Michigan got the "the oldest set of mastodon tracks" for their Museum of Natural History. Five miles away in the city of Saline, and on the same road as us, Michigan Ave., is a Henry Ford Home and a Farm Museum.
    We have been very hands on in the building of two homes and always wanted to renovate an old farm house. We have a huge English Walnut tree, fruit trees, and raise organic vegetables. We love the history and charm of our home and think it could be the site of an awe inspiring episode for your show.

Sheryl on March 23, 2014 at 10:32 am
  3. Hi Jonathan and Drew, I watch your show everyday when its on and love it. I live in Ga. and would love for you come here. My husband and I are older and my kids are gone. My house needs help!!! I was myself but when my first passed I remarried and now my home needs to be updated. Baths to small no storage, closets need to be bigger and kitchen. I have six grown children and its sad i cant have them over for anything because there is no room.I have 20 grandchildren !!!! Great grandchildren to. Iam young at and very active and dont look my age. In great health and would love to entertain my Family !!! Noooo Room!!! Help!!!! Thank You Mary!

Mary Ruscansky on April 4, 2014 at 10:20 am
  4. Jonathan and Drew….first of all I have to say I love your shows. I am writing in for my parents. They have no clue I am writing you. They have been great parents to me all these years. I am a school teacher so I don't have alot of extra money to help them so I thought I could write in and pray their home (my childhood) home gets chosen for your show. They live in the country. The house is at least 46 years old. It started out as a two bedroom but remodels throughout the years has made it a one bedroom one bath home on the main floor and a partial basement with a partial bath. My parents grew up poor. My dad's dad left them when they were young so he didn't have a dad, my mom's mom died when she was 12, but they have really worked hard and have made a great life for themselves and me and my brother. My dad has several health issues and hasn't worked in several years. My mom works every day. I was so sad today because they went to Lumber Liquidators today to check on the price of a laminate floor 850 square. They have been saving for two years and still couldn't afford it. I had no extra money to help them. As my parents get older so does the house. The roof leaks, the electric is really old, the floors need updating, the appliances are starting to go, the kitchen cabinets are ancient. There house needs a make over. I would love for you guys to consider helping my parents. I know I owe them the world and if I had extra money I would help them in a heart beat, so I am doing the next best thing I know to do and asking my favorite all time channel HGTV to help me bless my parents with something special once in their life.

Tonya on April 5, 2014 at 7:25 pm
  5. Does anyone checks the show's mailbox? I love the show and love the brothers, but it's disappointing that "no one" seems to check that mailbox and questions and submissions to be in the show go unanswered. If they have all the applicants they need, then, remove the "be on the show" hyperlink!

Cristine in SCAL on April 8, 2014 at 12:09 am
  6. My fiancé has an 1950"s home he is renovating all on his own by pay cheque to pay cheque soon he will be putting me thru school as well as taking care of our 19 and 16 year old boys, I love both your shows…he has done renovating on all areas of the house, its time consuming and rewarding at the same time…we just got heat as the house hadn't had any for 2 years and thru out it he has been a champ…I would appreciate it if when you got into new York you could give us a call or email teena.1966@live.com or supreme1359@live.co.uk if would be a blessing to have our kitchen and basement and upstairs bathroom remodeled..all the best in your endeavors Craig and Teena Taylor….

Teena Nicole on April 11, 2014 at 12:54 pm
  7. Dear Johnathan and Drew

My wife and I bought our first home together in 1998, since then I have been diagnosed with chronic pain from nerve damage due to a work injury, therefoe I have been unable to return to work since. Ive been doing my bestto do the up keep on our home, I built the front steps and deck all by myself, its still standing. Any how, weve since had a flood in the basement from a leaking shower stall that I had retiled but the guy who did the renovation used pool tiles and adhesive. It didnt last, we tore up the flooring to find that the interior walls were built on top of the flooring and I am at a loss.
    The things we need repaired are
    1, railings on interior stairs
    2 replace stairs ( our contractor used pine on them and they have cracked all the way across )
    3. Side door needs replacing
    4. Side stairs are falling off
    5. Need a bathroom fan installed upstairs
    6, need to rebuild basement bathroom, has been stripped and we have the new shower to go in
    7, new toilets and vanity
    8. Baseboards and crown mouldings ( need )
    9. Up stairs bathroom leaks, need new soaker tub and surround
    10. Upstairs flooring needs replacing
    11. Concrete repairs to side concrete patio and driveway
    12. Repair water damage to dinjng room ceiling, from leak in upstairs bathroom.
    13. Paint walls, ceilings
    14. Replace wainscotting
    14 replace 3 old windows in basement

Things we have been able to do.
    1. Replaced windows on forst and top floor
    2. New roof last year
    3. New entry doors and garden doors on deck
    4. Replace back deck with huge 23 x 25 deck on rear

This was to be our dream home and a place we could live in till were done, we had plans to fix it up but with my health, things have not been done and I feel really bad about it. My poor wife works hard as a nurse, she is nowthe head bread winner and all this puts aa lot of pressure on her, were trying to keep the house and fix it up so when my daughter finishes nursing school in 2 years she and her son can move home with us while she gets started in her new career..
    Please, I know that you work mostly in the ontario region but Nova Scotia has some beautiful scenery and fun welcoming people.
    Please Johnathan and Drew, please consider helping me to fix our home for my wife and family, please help me realize our dream, our home is small, its a duplex. I know its a long way and a huge cost but if you can help us, I would turn the keys over to you guys to do what ever you like, I trust yous.

susan Hubley on April 16, 2014 at 2:32 pm
  8. Hi brothers, I live in Long Island NY and I would love for you guys to do a show in NY using my home. I have a unfinished basement that has become a storage shed. My husband and I purchased our home dream home in 2003 and planned to do the basement later. My dream is to retire in 2020 with my basement finished. Watching you guys on TV create and renovate has inspired me. Please come in crash my basement and make my dream come true.

Narda on April 19, 2014 at 6:47 am
  9. Love your show!! Watch it any chance I can!! My husband and I own a 1862 house. We have owned this house going on 20 years. My husband has done his best to update what we can afford. I stink at fashion and wish I was better. It is boring but cozy. Needs major updating!!! We had our son 6 years ago and my husband built a bedroom because we live in an old saltbox house that didnt have enough room. We used to have our laundryroom in our kitchen, he built a laundryroom. Nothing is totally finished or fancy but, funtional. I would love your help to make this house feel more homey for our son growing up. My husband really could use the help. He is handy but could really use the help on our very old house. We are in Upstate NY.

Kelly on April 29, 2014 at 6:32 pm
  10. Hey Guys, I love your shows! Property brothers and also brother VS brother. We would love to have our home renovated, my husband and I have been in our home for 19 years, and it needs some work. our home was built in 1960 we are located in the South Bay Area of Los Angeles, California. you guys don't get out this way much. We will keep you rolling, hope to here from you soon.keep up the excellent work. And also thank you for all the hard work you do for people :)

Keisha on April 30, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Visit Brother Vs. Brother Central

Brother Vs. Brother HGTV.com

Go inside the action: Browse challenge before-and-afters, catch full episodes and see web-exclusive clips.

Watch Videos, See Photos + More