Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Apr 23

Flipping the Block: Get Ready for a New Competition Series

Spring may be in full swing, but we’ve got a reason to get excited for summer: A huge new HGTV competition series! Get ready for Flipping the Block, an eight-episode renovation competition to rebuild identical living spaces from the ground up. Four teams of two will move in, demo the place and make over an entire home before it goes on the auction block. The winning duo keeps the return on investment, plus a $50,000 cash prize.

Josh Temple will be your friendly neighborhood host, guiding you through the renovation highs and lows. There are no shortage of cameras on set to capture every second of the action:

Flipping the Block Host Josh Temple With Camera Crew

Flipping the Block Host Josh Temple With Camera Crew

Fan favorite David Bromstad is back as your behind-the-scenes host. He’ll be sharing all the drama in exclusive HGTV.com videos. There may even be the occasional selfie:

Josh Temple and David Bromstad Take a Selfie

Josh Temple and David Bromstad Take a Selfie

Along the way, the contestants will be mentored by HGTV and DIY Network all-stars, including Rehab Addicts Nicole Curtis. The great thing about our hosts? They’re not afraid to do the heavy lifting.

Josh Temple, Nicole Curtis and David Bromstad Show Off Their Muscles

Josh Temple, Nicole Curtis and David Bromstad Show Off Their Muscles

Check back here for more details on this exciting new summer series! It all starts July 20 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

Posted at 12:28 pm

16 Comments

1. I need someone to tell me please how to get help for my young daughter and her 2 babies .her fiancée just lost everyone in his family and he was givin this house by inheritance and they do not have the slightest ideas how to do yard work or inside work .I wish I had more time to type but I have neuropathy in my hands and lets juste asked for help ,but it is so important that this little family gets help with their house repairs cause my grandchildren age 3 and 4 are starting to cry all the time because of mom and dad argueing over the crooked swing he put up …so yes im am saying I need help

jennifer on July 20, 2014 at 1:33 pm
  2. It's good to see David & Scott again :)

Gwendolyn on July 20, 2014 at 11:14 pm
  3. Loved the first episode, great concept for a competition. I would like to see more senior citizens doing this competition, it is always young people. I know a lot of my "older" friends watch alot of HGTV. We have great ideas that would appeal to both young and old, and most of us have purchased and renovated many homes, give us a chance please. My husband and I would love to be on this show.

Denise Pembleton on July 26, 2014 at 1:15 pm
  4. Would love to be on next season with my husband of 35 years.
    We have been buying, living in while renovating and flipping homes' all of our married life. We could run circles around some of these couples!

Stacie on July 27, 2014 at 2:16 pm
  5. so everyone gets a ford van but you all have to share a drill this show is bs and the red team won this week who wants tile that's off center in their shower????

joe moroney on July 27, 2014 at 9:02 pm
  6. This show has now gone down the tubes. I get the feeling that John and Whitley have become the show's favorite and they are going to win no matter what. I didn't like their bedroom makeover. There was no wild factor and it just didn't look good at all. Just because they put in a washer/dryer should not have put them over the top. Why not just hand them the money and get on to another show. Let the viewers select the winners. HGTV is going to probably give them their own show. I also notice for awhile they were the only ones shown in the commercials and then all of a sudden all the contestants were on, I guess someone complain?

Mpw on August 17, 2014 at 9:36 pm