Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 8

Exit Interview: Team Jonathan is Down to One

Team Jonathan just keeps dwindling down…

Brother Vs. Brother Season 2 Episode 5

Team Jonathan’s Peggy and Adi at elimination.

On Sunday night’s episode of Brother Vs. Brother, Jonathan had to send home yet another skilled teammate. Now he’s heading into the finale with a crew of one. When it came down to the elimination, Jonathan decided to keep Adi, the experienced craftsman. Peggy’s exit left even Adi emotional. “Peggy surprised me. She’s proved that if you work hard and if you believe in yourself, you can make it all the way to the end,” says Adi.

Hear what Peggy has to say following her difficult exit, plus take a look back at her top moments throughout the season.

How do you think Team Jonathan — or Adi — will fare going into the final challenge? Tell us in the comments below!

Posted at 3:49 pm

12 Comments

1. I just cannot choose because I love them both to much and watch all the time. I am a grandmother 74 yrs. and love you both so how can grandma choose?

Sandy on July 8, 2014 at 3:57 pm
  2. Eric and Melissa make a strong team. Individually it's hard to know how each would do on their own.

Adi has excellent all-around skills and design sensibility. If he's paired with Rick in the final episode, Team Jonathan could pull a win out of the hat with some hard work, smart style and a completed quality renovation.

But whose lone star will shine when all is said and done in the final episode of Brother vs. Brother? Looks to me like this game is still wide open.

DBCoop on July 8, 2014 at 6:15 pm
  3. Just watched an ad for the show. They asked which backsplash got more bang for the buck. They showed Jonathan's team's backsplash but said it was from team Drew's! Give credit where credit is due!!!

Judy on July 9, 2014 at 12:25 am
  4. In Episode 5 – Drew's Team – How can we find out what the tile and countertop were? (style, color, brand)

Lori on July 9, 2014 at 8:36 am
  5. Great photo of the final four from Brother vs. Brother: http://instagram.com/p/qMyuMXj6bo/?modal=true

DBCoop on July 9, 2014 at 10:11 am
    • I love the finalist group shot!

Kayla@HGTV on July 9, 2014 at 4:05 pm
  6. So fun to try to guess who will win.

Melissa and Eric have done well and seem to be strong contenders, but, like DBCoop, I can't sort out how they might do individually. They will do a a great job in the finale, but it won't be quite enough. The only thing that makes me want to say TeamD wins is the preview showing the disharmony. Seems like when previews like that are put in context of the show, they turn out to be anticlimactic. If you show us Eric and Melissa seem to be in BIG trouble, that means they actually win.

My sense, without going back and rewatching every episode, is that Team Jonathan generally got higher praise for value-adding choices. Not finishing killed them twice, but both times the judges said they probably would have won if they'd finished. The only time TeamJ lost on design was Ep. 5. Rick & Adi back together bodes well for TeamJ. They did that stunning bathroom in Ep. 3, but maybe Stayce and Peggy had input we didn't see. On balance, I think TeamJ will win.

As between Rick and Adi, what a tough call! I'm still considering my choice.

Deb on July 9, 2014 at 10:36 pm
  7. I would hire Peggy & Adi as a team, they have good designs & skills & listen to feedback. Seems to me that Melissa & Eric are a little stubborn as far as listening to what Drew tells them.
    As a team I liked Team Jonathan's team members better than Team Drew's

Mary on July 9, 2014 at 10:48 pm
  8. I am such a fan of you guys and love the competition. If you ever need a nurse on any of your shows, I would be there in a heartbeat. Love watching the rivalry between you but also the joking around. Would like to see more of JD. Looking forward to the finale.

Traci Hart RNC
    Azle, TX

Traci on July 10, 2014 at 9:37 pm
  9. I feel Jonathan should get a team member back. When Drew’s team was lower in number, Jonathan had to give Drew a person. Now the roles are reversed. It matters because Drew had 3 chances to win and Jonathan has one. Not fair…

margie wade on July 11, 2014 at 5:49 pm
  10. I think Rick should win. He's worked hard and had the most twisted path to the finale. He collaborates with people in ways that complement his strengths. His good humor and respect for fellow contestants create an atmosphere where the team is inspired to do its best. He's been on the winning team more than anyone else, including either mentor. I think he's a class act and deserves the win.

Deb on July 11, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Visit Brother Vs. Brother Central

Brother Vs. Brother HGTV.com

Go inside the action: Browse challenge before-and-afters, catch full episodes and see web-exclusive clips.

Watch Videos, See Photos + More