Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 18

Flipping the Block: Series Premiere Sneak Peek

Would you sign up to spend 8 weeks of your life on an HGTV renovation show — without knowing the premise or the prize? That’s exactly what the four brave Flipping the Block teams did: Until they set foot on the Flipping the Block property, they had no idea that they would be renovating run-down condos…and living in the construction dust.

Flipping the Block Contestants Arrive at The Block

How did they deal with the news? Well…some people handled it better than others. Click through to watch their reactions to the dirty, run-down properties, and see what else is coming up on Sunday’s premiere.

Tune in Sunday at 9pm/8c to watch the series premiere of Flipping the Block.

Posted at 4:12 pm

9 Comments

1. Not if Josh Temple is anywhere around. What an obnoxious personality, that I avoid by not watching any program he is on.

mikegrmi on July 19, 2014 at 2:42 am
  2. These four Flipping the Block teams are WAY beyond brave! I wouldn't care to step foot in those units much less consider sleeping there.

It's definitely going to be high drama. With all-around cool guy and able host Josh Temple at the helm, judges Scott McGillivray and Nicole Curtis to call the high and low points and talented David Bromstad to fill us in on everything else, it's going to a real romp in down-and-gritty home renovation revelations!

DBCoop on July 19, 2014 at 8:42 pm
  3. DIY or Hire

Brenda on July 20, 2014 at 8:56 pm
  4. The silver team.

Anita on July 20, 2014 at 9:48 pm
  5. I definitely would!

Gwendolyn on July 20, 2014 at 11:11 pm
  6. What a dumb ass Scott McGillvray is, he picked the worst team for the winner of the first episode, he sucks as does the show because of him. They didn't even do anything themselves. Get a real judge not an idiot like Scott !!!!

Richard Dasch on July 21, 2014 at 1:28 am
  7. First of all the place looks like it was rocked by an earthquake,some homeless druggies set up there,then some animals stayed awhile! That being said,I personally could only go through that HELL if it meant meeting David Bromstad.I couldn't sleep for fear of something crawling out of the walls or drains all over me as I slept.I can't imagine eating there.I don't think I could keep my food down.I'd have to pray there was a McDonalds near by.They have my sympathy and admiration,and may the best team win.

Kelly Dunn on July 21, 2014 at 10:52 am
  8. It;d be interesting to see a floorplan of the condo spaces these brave souls are living in/renovating. Were these units condemned or something? This promises to be a fun show (GREAT to see David again, too!).

Guest on July 21, 2014 at 8:01 pm
  9. What a great show!!! How do I sign up?

Pat Riley on July 22, 2014 at 9:39 am