Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 11

Hang Out With the Flipping the Block Cast

Wonder how the contestants feel as they watch each episode? Join HGTV.com staffer Abbi each week to chat with a new group from the Flipping the Block cast.

Watch Candid Chats With the Flipping the Block Cast

Watch Candid Chats With the Flipping the Block Cast

Watch the HGTV Facebook page for announcements on when to watch live, or catch up on her fun interviews with Josh, David, Scott, Curtis, Amanda, John, Whitney and more right now on YouTube.

WATCH ALL THE HANGOUTS HERE >>

Posted at 9:45 am

12 Comments

1. FLIPPING THE BLOCK BACKYARD BOOGIE —
    With inspiration from The Mamas and The Papas
    Creeque Alley, California Dreamin'

John and Whitney were movin' kinda quickly
    Just leavin' all the other teams behind
    Back yard's a-rockin', all the folks are talkin'
    In Glenwood, you know where that's at

Shauna and Anicka cuttin' up the finger
    Still keep workin', ideas are really perkin'
    But they just can't make it, gonna' have to fake it
    Without a win they're once again consigned

Curtis and Amanda goin' cool and beachy
    They're usin' all the sand that they can find
    Nicole kinda digs it, leaves behind her footprints
    But it's not enough to move'em up the line

Craig and Brian, though they're really tryin'
    Upset, twins get, can't seem to find their stride
    Clouds brew, doubts grew, ain't no sense in lyin'
    Even when they finish this on time

Worked hard, new yards, lookin' for the money
    Feelin' flustered, deflated, anger's clearly stated
    But John and Whitney, the winner's, are elated
    And no one's getting cash except the Spinks

But it can't go on indefinitely
    And one team's winnin' is becomin' a reality

DBCoop on August 11, 2014 at 12:58 pm
  2. The only Hangouts are with Amanda and Curtis and John and Whitney. Someone has obviously picked them as the favorite teams, as they also dominate most of the commercials. The bias is obvious on every episode. Way to go, producers, to make this fair and impartial.

k marie on August 14, 2014 at 7:46 am
    • Hi k marie,
      We'll have hangouts with more of the cast as the season progresses.
      Thanks,
      Liz

Liz_HGTV on August 14, 2014 at 10:35 am
    • I agree with you 100%

Geena Gee on August 17, 2014 at 8:14 pm
    • I agree, especially John and Whitney. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them on a show of their own. Too wimpy for me. I like the sisters. But I think the fix is in. I expect John and Whitney to win.

Fran P on August 21, 2014 at 11:28 am
  3. Saw John and recognized him from the MVRC. I'm rooting for you and Whitney because you are a Great and honest guy.
    Celeste
    #TeamJohn&Whitney

Celeste Chandler on August 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm
  4. Love the show and I think Scott is incredible at what he does but this week I think he got it wrong. Loved loved Amanda and Curtis room ( and I'm not a country style person) John and Whitney was smaller and the design was just ok. How did a smaller room add value? Yes they had a washer dryer but there were no doors and it was super cramped. Who wants to see your washer and dryer every time you walk through the hall. Also what was in their room that was such a design element for the magazine? Amanda and Curtis you rocked it this week in my book!

Shelley on August 18, 2014 at 12:32 am
    • I absolutely agree, Shelly. For the amount of money they spent, that room done by Amanda and Curtis looked super and pulled together.
      The room that won did not look worthy of a magazine layout any more than did the room of the brothers! Especially considering they had piles of cash AND the help of a professional decorator.

Sharon on August 18, 2014 at 6:31 pm
    • I agree. John and Whitney should not have won last week.

Fran P on August 21, 2014 at 11:30 am
  5. I thought so too, from a design element, the reclaimed wood walls are HUGE right now. Spot on for design.
    I think that HGTV magazine could have done a feature on how to design a small space on $300.00.
    I am not a fan of Amanda and Curtis, but I definitely thought they should have won considering what they did with so little….

Holly on August 18, 2014 at 8:04 pm
  6. Amanda & Curtis are my favorites. Not only do they seem fun, but the consistent beach theme & colors are right up my alley. I unfortunately really don't care for anyone else's style, except for the Welborn brother's epic hair.

likalaruku on August 18, 2014 at 10:40 pm
  7. i would the assistance of one channels hgtv to look over my house see how i can truly stop the waterproof prooblem i had several different company promise, guarantee service. but i had no success . i end up in court winning, but never able to collect a dime. i just a average working man just wanting to provide a house. and keeping up with the american dream , im a veteran of two branch of service. i also had the honor of working for the state of nj, During the period of closing of pysch hospitals. but god has given me the true working afforts. my name is rodney l tillery sr cell number 732 890 5447 from neptune nj if you have the fime all show me what the station is really about help people; thank you for your time…

Rodney Tillery on August 24, 2014 at 8:04 pm