Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 21

Get a Sneak Peek of Flipping the Block Episode 6

It’s time for the final room renovation on The Block: The living room! It’s the heart of the home and the first thing buyers will see when they walk in. Rehab Addict Nicole Curtis makes a return visit to the set this week to judge the rooms.

Flipping the Block Hosts and Judges

Josh Temple, Nicole Curtis and David Bromstad

But that’s not all the contestants are tackling this week. See what else the teams will take on during the 7-day challenge in the sneak peek after the jump.

Which team’s condo would you like to live in? Tell me in the comments below.

Posted at 10:00 am

22 Comments

1. I think there's something wrong with the video, Liz. It cuts off right when Nicole says, "After much consideration, the winner is…."

DBCoop on August 21, 2014 at 2:50 pm
    • There is nothing wrong with the video – you have to watch the show tonight to hear her answer.

Linda on August 24, 2014 at 12:37 pm
  2. Can we be totally honest here about Flipping the Block and the judges, actually about Nichole she is not actual judging on what would sell to the masses but what she likes personally. Nichole would choose the black team no matter what they did because that's her style. I can see where this is going and the idea that they are preping us for a new HGTV show with Whitney & John. That is all fine and well but do the show for them but what is being done in this show as far as judging the makeovers is really one sided or a matter of personal taste. Nichole's taste that is.

Karin on August 24, 2014 at 9:04 pm
    • Nicole didn't pick the Black Team. I think nailing those picture frames to the wall above the stairway really hurt them because it won't allow a buyer to swap them out for art of their choice without repairing the nail holes.

I'm hoping the photos show the detail of the storage under the stairs for Curtis and Amanda because I saw there was storage, but couldn't see the detail. John and Whitney's was shown, and that is a surprising miss to gain more storage for the sisters and the twins.

suki on August 25, 2014 at 8:27 am
  3. when are these places going to be auctioned? I would really like to see a show about that process and comments that potential buyers and others made.

Eleanor on August 24, 2014 at 9:39 pm
    • Next week.

lindab on August 25, 2014 at 11:44 am
  4. Which condo would I live in? I like them all, but the off center tile in the black team's bathroom bothers me and the fridge and oven doors hitting each other really bother me, too. I like the twins' rooms, but I think they lack a little creativity in the designs, but you can add your own touch when you move in. I could also live in the 2 sisters' condo and I love the other couple's taste, but I think they add a little too much of their personality in their design. I do like their patio, though. I can't really decide!

Stephanie D. on August 24, 2014 at 10:09 pm
    • P.S. I LOVE this show!!

Stephanie D. on August 24, 2014 at 10:10 pm
  5. Will the photos be posted soon, so we can look at detail?

suki on August 25, 2014 at 9:51 am
  6. This might be a duplicate, but my earlier comment never posted.

I love the aesthetic of the sisters and I'm glad they went back and did the backsplash in the kitchen, finished their closet, and enclosed the laundry. Overall I like their design best.

I do think Amanda and Curtis deserved the win from the living room challenge. To get that design and finish from taking down the ceiling, wiring their own chandelier, and using reclaimed wood for the understair storage increased the value with little cash.

Third, I like the twins. They've learned about design as they have progressed and about finishing things. This should prepare them for whatever they want to do next.

John and Whitney designed a beautiful room, but I agree with Nicole on the steel posts and the picture frames that were permanently attached. Didn't think the amount spent was as great in value as the other units. Glad they fixed their kitchen.

suki on August 25, 2014 at 10:13 am
  7. I liked this show until it became obvious that the judges are for John and Whitney, whose design taste lacks a lot. I actually think if they are planning to do a show with one of the teams it needs to be Amanda and Curtis. I would watch! Curtis and Amanda have won on every task except the patio and that was only because they did their kitchen the right way but spent too much money. Their bathrooms and bedrooms were great! My vote is Curtis and Amanda. I would definitely live in their Condo!

The brothers have talent on building just lack in decorating.

lovetodesign on August 25, 2014 at 11:09 am
  8. I agree that John and Whitney look to have a show coming. The judges have talked about Amanda and Curtis having too much personal style in their rooms but I think the same applies to John and Whitney. Liked the winners of last night.

Really like the show. Didn't think I would but glad to see casting for second season.

lindab on August 25, 2014 at 11:42 am
  9. I love Curtis and Amanda's place. Love how they reuse material to save on cost. I would live in their place in a heartbeat.

Joyce on August 25, 2014 at 12:29 pm
  10. Curtis and Amanda are hands down the most creative and their spaces are the most inviting and live able.
    Loved what they did with the kitchen, plus they are fun to watch. When everyone else is whining away, they just get to work with a smile.

Laurel W. on August 25, 2014 at 1:18 pm