• Share the Love

HGTV Magazine always comes through for pages of cool DIY ideas, budget decorating buys and totally doable redos, but sometimes the greatest inspiration is born from eyeing some seriously stylish homes. We wouldn’t call it stealing (OK, maybe a little), but being a copycat has never looked better.

These families full of spare-time remodelers, DIY decorators, and everyday homeowners just like you opened their doors for HGTV Magazine‘s June issue, and we’re giving you pre-newsstand access. Go ahead: Take these awe-inspiring ideas for your own home. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

June cover

For most people, finding a vintage yellow stove in the basement of their new home would only pose the question of how to remove the massive appliance. The Stephens family, on the other hand, saw only possibilities in the 20-year-old La Cornue range. They designed their entire home around the pieceand got it up and running again)!

vintage yellow stove

Shannon Quimby’s home is both brand new and rather old. Before knocking down the existing structure to build their new home, she and her husband salvaged tons of recyclable items. Fast-forward (or travel backward) into her new kitchen full of reused and repurposed DIY items to get your creative juices flowing.

Shannon Quimby kitchen

All of the HGTV Magazine house tours are fabulous in their own right, but this transformation from shack to breathtaking beach house just might take the cake. Click through the entire photo gallery to look at the amazing before-and-after images, and see how the Brooks family is enjoying their waterfront home now.

Brooks beach house

For all this and so much more (RE: expert advice on just what to buy, the right color to paint your house and a guide to get your home vacation-ready), pick up your copy when it hits stands on May 14, or become a subscriber here.

1. queenforb says:

I just have to write about the most "BEAUTIFUL" home HGTV has ever given away! Jack Thomasson was the architect. The colors, the shape, the location, pool, even to the couch-bed by the window! Oh, what a smart man. Not sure who did the colors but I was planning on almost identical in my home! Of course, it won't be looking like that & being disabled I won't get it done for months but I sure will now because I was right about how they match! Just looking at the gallery-was a real treat. Thanks for giving me & my families a chance to win! Unlikely for it takes a miracle. I'm sort of glad I didn't get the other ones now. I at least have a chance!
    GOD Bless HGTV for all they do!
    Margie Shultz

2. Catherine says:

I just got my issue and read it cover to cover. I am absolutely floored about those people that found a commercial quality fridge and La Cornue range in their new home's basement!!! O.M.G. That is unbelievable! I think they did an absolutely gorgeous job on their house. Great issue this time!

3. Carol says:

I love this magazine and look forward to receiving it. I would like to see what color options for a front door are avail to mix up my traditional red brick, black shutters, white trim home built in 1949. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

4. TV stands says:

This magazine is really amazing and I get a lot of inspiring design here that helps me with my project and DIY work. I hope there are some tips in making a TV stand. lol

5. Sarah says:

I'm dying to find the sourcing info for the sofa on the Makeover pages (109-115). It's white, slipcovered, tightback, with one-cushion and dark wood legs. The sourcing info is not in the issue itself, either on the layout pages or in the sourcing info in the back. Can you help me find it? It's EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a sofa. Thanks!

6. Sarah says:

Oops, the sofa is not tightback–it has two back cushions. This is the piece: http://www.hgtv.com/living-rooms/one-living-room-

7. Jennifer says:

Thanks for the preview! We just gave last month's issue a shout out in our new blog post about our DIY shelves in our family room makeover. We love HGTV magazine! You always have the best ideas…even our 7-year-old daughter likes reading it out loud while I drive.