• Share the Love

HGTV HOME presents a Facebook event with HSN. Flock to HSN’s Facebook page now and enter for your chance to win great prizes from HSN and HGTV HOME.

Flock to Unlock

The more fans who flock to the Facebook tab, the more prizes that become available. All you have to do is visit the Facebook page, enter a valid email address and share with friends. You get five additional entries for each of your friends who sign up!

As the Facebook community grows, prizes will be “unlocked.” Prizes will include: autographed photos of HGTV Host John Gidding, a 1:1 phone consultation with John, a live Facebook chat with John for your outdoor living questions and HSN gift cards ranging from $50-$1,000.

1. C. Standley says:

I bought a "big name" 3 bag grass clipping cather to go on my lawnmower. My husband was trying to install it the night I brought it home and realized right off that it wouldn't fit into the slots of tha rear chassi so he took and cut extended lengths with a drill. to get it to fit. The second day out, the tube which transports the clippings into the bags has a divider right in the middle which is held by a bungie type cord and the thing broke and the tube snapped whipping me in the head! Okay now. This bagger cost almost $400. Later, after attaching the now broken bungie with a wire, a full grass bag fell off in the middle of the yard…joy. The tubes get clogged going around the yard while mowing. What gives? I am so frustrated with this thing! I bought a thrashing unit this spring and now all of the clippings are going all back into the lawn. I'm about ready to scream! Do I need to take this thing back or just give up all together?

2. David S. says:

Contact the BBB and State Attorney General's office to file complaints. Sorry to hear about the problems with this product. The company that made this should be held accountable if it is such inferior quality. Does it offer a warranty? Contacting the CEO of the company might help – ask for the name of the CEO – it's public record (forget "customer service" – that complaint will somehow be "lost" forever.)

3. vernice robinson says:

I always watch but never entered love your ideas just can,t afford them all the way

4. George E. Morse says:

We need a kitchen redo. Not enough cabinets. Getting older makes it difficult to get down on our knees to get most of our pans is gettng impossible for my wife. I guess that is not unusual after 58 years of wedded bliss.
    58 years on July 2nd 1936.

• Lyn W. says:

hi George, I'm in the same boat, not enough storage in our kitchen or on counters either. need new things, finely got a gas stove. I like it a lot. I know about getting down on our knees getting harder, we've been married 55 years, will be in Oct. The carpet is old and some is stained badly. We've been in this house a long time ,42 years. many things need an update.
      wishing you and your wife good luck.

5. Sandra Guy says:

My husband and I are both handicapped. Our yard has become just a piece of land. Our house is also in need of attention. We sure could use a makeover!

6. Debbie says:

My husband and I have worked to remodel our home over the last few years. We have run out of money and not everything is done. I would love to cover our front deck we added. Having a shady place to sit and enjoy our yard would be nice. Our yard needs to be levels and have some decent grass put down.

7. Pamela A. Smith says:

I need help (asap) my back yard is a mess, please help!!! Seems that youalways do the yards of people who have a place I would switch in a second. Do you really want to do something that is for the real people of the world I am the one…

8. Irene says:

I have a 2 70s style bathrooms which are falling apart and a 60s style kitchen which my cabinets are following apart and not enough storage space.also a family room which is still in the 60s with shag rug in it.

9. Cornelia Dickson says:

We purchased our house shortly after the 2011 Joplin tornado-had lived in old one 43 years, beautiful retaining_wall and front porch all the way across the front (had character) New one had no trees or flowers just a plain house on a lot. Back deck is unusable because of no cover to keep sun off._I wish to thank Lowes for donating a tree for my back yard.

10. Linda says:

we own old schoolhouse,remodeled in the 70's I think.shag carpet,indoor outdoor carpet up stairs.our house is in real need of either bulldozing it down .very bad shape.an were in our late yrs.60's &70's an both handicapped.sure could use a make over.seems like most homes you redo are in good shape to begin with.
    our driveway is in need also of work,when it rains water runs right down driveway grass is growing in driveway.oh please help us.

11. Diane Smith says:

My husband and I are getting older and our health isn't doing so well either,we really could use some extra help,PLEASE, Our home is a 1970 mobile home we have done some repairs but cant afford to finish,this has been our home for the last 6 yrsand really cant afford to pay those outrageous rentsrecently found out we need a new roof they want 6000.00 we don't have it.everytime it rains or snows I worry about a electrical fire cause my roof oeaks in the 2 bed rooms and in the bath,I don't know what we will do I wish to God someone with a good heart would be kind enough to replace our roof ,.god bless thank you

12. gloria mathias says:

my name is Gloria mathias and on a fixed income its hard to maintain a home. we really need a new roof real bad and the cost is impossible, we also need a insulated attic. we really need alot done, painting and deck problems, I love hdtv I watch it whenever I can, I wish I was younger and my husband was in better health, so we could try some of you wonderful work, Bless you for helping the younger people, I am a great fan of all of you. love gloria

13. Mary says:

Oh ratz! I missed the event! I am a big fan of Johns and love to watch his show. The wonderful things he does for the whole neighborhood in spiffing things up with sometimes such simple things as painting a door and putting out some flowers does wonders.
    I live in an oak opening. I have no back yard, as I live in a half berm. The front is way off the street, so you cannot even see my house, but for my own pleasure I have used many tips from John's shows to have a pretty yard and gardens. Keep up the good work John!

14. Robin says:

All of my life, even as a child, I have wished for my own home (as we moved so many times and lived in so many different rentals). I scrimped & saved, but as a single Mom in California, with high rents, it seemed there was always some emergency and I was never able to buy a home of my own. Now towards the end of my life, here I am still in a rental home, dreaming of how to fix up a house by watching all of the HGTV programs, and the rental home, I live in, because the owners refused to fix up the yard and there are uncontrollable weeds. I have paid to have them taken care of but cannot afford it again and have purchased gallons and gallons of weed killers but they keep coming back and it stresses me out that it will hurt my dog that saved my life from cancer 5 years ago. My little dog deserves a nice yard to run and play in and unfortunately he wants to eat grass all of the time and guess what, no grass, only weeds that are covered with poison (that is why I'm afraid).

15. Karen Hunter says:

I am closing on my first home of my own on Friday, June 28th. I am 54 years old, separated from my husband, so this is a big deal for me. The house is a small ranch , with the backyard on a canal, in Shirley, N.Y. (Long Island). It was a pre-approved short sale, for $179,000. It is move in ready, with excellent electric work done by the seller. It was originally built in 1951, and it needs some TLC. The front yard definitely needs some sprucing up. I think this home would be a great project for HGTV. If you saw it, I think you would agree. I am hoping to make it my own little coastal sanctuary, at a new stage in my life.

16. Bill Z. says:

I have a house on an acre. The backyard is fenced in. We live about 25 miles West of Ft. Worth/Dallas area. I have a large workshop and for my wife, I have started a 16'x32' gambrel roof, two story, shed that looks like a quaint cabin with window dormers. It has an 8' deep and 32' wide porch. It's roofed and dried in with bare wall studs inside. 90% of the cabin is built with "Cull Cart Lumber" from Lowes and Home Depot.

To power this cabin and most of my home, I have collected 50 solar electric panels, the wire, solar controller, and 3,500 watt Out Back inverter. I have all the materials to finish out the inside of the cabin and all the materials to finish the solar project. I could use all your help to tie all this together and have a TV show back yard. My wife and I are finally retired and have built and put in two raised bed gardens. Pictures of our steps in our backyard progress and current "Stalled" stage of completion are available. Parking for crew and staff is no problem and our home is between two towns and their recreational lake for good visitor site seeing.

17. diana seay says:

Hi, I am starting over at age 52. My husband and I lost everything we owned when we had to file bankruptcy because of my uninsured medical illness. I am on dialysis looking for a kidney transplant. We have been renting for the last 2 years and have just managed to buy a small place that needs work. The kitchen is quite small and dreary. The worst part is that the cabinets don't have a space for a dishwasher. I simply cannot do dishes. My illness causes me a lot of pain in the lower back and I can't stand at the sink for any amount of time. I am excited to be getting my own place once again, no matter how much work needs to be done.

18. Pamela DeWitt says:

Who won the summer home in Florida? There was nothing posted and did ask to be notified!

19. edna morris says:

this old house needs all kind of work my husband was doing what he new how and then he got sick and we did not have any money at all to put in the old house we need a bath make over the kitchen really needs help no flooring on the floors.we just need help with this old house this old house is all most 43 years old we really need help with it .we live in florida panama city beach is about 45min. away we live in a little place called new hope .vernon fla is about 9 miles north of us thank you for your time edna morris

20. I have all the components to complete out the within of the cottage and all the components to complete the solar venture. I could use all your help to tie all this together and have a TV display garden.

21. Laurie Gregg says:

I live in a 4 room brick home with no curb appeal whatsoever. I do have some plants in front of my home but nothing to look at. At the very least I would love some ideas as to how to dress up the front enterance. If you are ever in the Litchfield county area please let me know. l46gregg@yahoo.com. Love your show!!!!

22. Debra Lynch says:

I live in a mobile home on 8 acres in the country. My companion passed away on February 4 of this year he kept everything up until 2 years ago when we found out he had lung and prostate cancer, so I've only done whats had to be done. I need new flooring, an both bathrooms need a makeover. The yard could use some TLC also. I only manage to keep the grass cut and weed eated.

23. Pearl says:

I would love to have a place to enjoy my back yard. I have a small lot it's about 1/4 acre, small house. I would like to extend my living space outdoors and have a nice place to sit and eat. I'd also love a water feature and have dreamed of having a waterfall cascading down the side of my yard. I have 4 dogs and would love a dog friendly space and fencing to allow them to be off leash. A deck would be ideal! My daughter planted roses in the front for mother's day last year and the dogs tore up the weed blocking material, so it needs mulch, and tender loving care, pruning lessons would be appreciated! Thanks for the contest!

24. GABRIELA VELASCO says:

HELLO I DO HAVE A BEAUTIFULL HOUSE AND A VERY BIG YARD AND A SMALL POOL THAT I, WOULD LIKE TO MAKE BIGER BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY WITH MY KIDS AND ENJOY FRIENDS BECAUSE THE PATIO AREA IS VERY SMALL I LOVE YOUR WORK AND I REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD GIVE ME THE BACK YARD OF MY DREAMS YOU CAN DO AS YOU PLEASE I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT THE SPACE IS BEAUTIFULL AND I KNOW YOU ARE GREATE WITH IDEAS AND PROYECTS THANKS FOR THE OPORTUNITY LOL.. GABY.

25. marie solomon says:

I live in a colonial house that build in 1968 and that need a lots of work interier and exterious please help, help, help……………. I will be very greateful if I have this oportunity

26. Tina Carlton says:

I LOVE your show. Please come to the Detroit area and do a show. Your are my favorite designer, I never miss an episode of your show.

27. TheresaD says:

I just think it's a shame that all of the HGTV shows are centered around 3 or 4 major cities. There's a huge country of homeowners out here who would love the chance to have a room makeover, a yard crash, or some serious curb appeal added to their home. Maybe the best idea would be to have people submit photos and short stories about their issues and have the designers pick from a dozen their staff chooses, no matter where that person is! Until then, I guess I will watch and do whatever I can do on my own, or afford to do on my own. I love the ideas. :)

28. edna morris says:

I LOVE WATCHING HGTV I DON'T THANK IT IS RIGHT THAT YOU ONLY WORK IN JUST A VERY FEW PLACES AND THE PEOPLE THAT GET THE WORK DONE CAN PAY SOME ONE TO DO IT FOR THEM IF THAT CAN'T DO IT FOR THEM SAFE .WE ARE SICK AND CAN'T DO WHAT WE NEED DONE ARE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY SOME TO DO IT FOR US ;HGTV CAN'T HELP US BECOUSE WE LIVE IN WRONG PART OF THE WORLD THAT IS WRONG HGTV IS NOT BEING FAIR TO REST OF THE WORLD THE MAY BE IF YOU DON'T HELP US YOU WILL HELP SOME ONE DOWN THIS A WAY THAT IS LIKE RAY AND MYSELF THAT CAN' T HELP THEM SELF WE LIVE IN FLA; RAY AND I LIVE ON 1,700 DOLLARS A MONTH BY THE TIME WE PAY BILLS AND BUY A LITTLE FOOD THERE IS NOT ANY MONEY LEFT TO WORK ON THE HOUSE PLEASE HELP SOME ONE THAT REALLY NEEDS YOUR HELP AND DO IT SOME WHERE IN THE WORLD THAT YOU HAD NOT HELP IN A PLACE YOU HAD NOT WORK IN . MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AT HGTV . WITH PRAYER AND LOVE EDNA MORRIS FLORIDA.

29. Norma says:

I love your work. I did my backyard. Overall, it's beautiful with the pool and gardens. I would still like to rebuild my deck and put up a nice patio, but I could really use tips on my front yard. I got a rototiller and pulled up the crab grass leaving a small section of grass that wasn't all weed. The house was built in 1951 and the front yard definitely needs TLC. I was raised in the house next door and have lived in this house for 17 years. I have done lots of improvements throughout the years, but I have got to admit, I have some ideas for my front yard but I'm not sure how they will look and I am a do–it-myself gal.

30. Charlene Schwab says:

I live out in the country and have never seen you do any makeovers of older homes in rural areas. My husband has done a lot of work on our house but it still needs upgrading in the kitchen, and I would love to see my pool redone as its all cement and leaks out water every day. I have retired now and know this is the only home I will ever own, so please consider a makeover for a country lady.

31. Maryann Segal-Dymond says:

Hi, My husband and I just purchured a little house with a small back & front yard ,it's a mess,we can not do any thing right not that we are not willing but that we are unable to as my husband is under treatment for cancer and getting chemotherapy right now.We are both in our young 70's It would be fun to meet you and your crew, also we are on a small limited income, we would be so thankful for any help,we bought to fast and did not think of the work to fix the yard,we have a small dog that would love to get out more. we have moved here to Fl,to get away from the cold MN weather. We watch the HGTV all the time and love all you guys. Thanks again ,Maryann Segal-Dymond

32. Brenda says:

I am in need of a back yard makeover….It could be so beautiful it has the possibilities with such a large concrete slabs and wooden benches and a L shaped raised flower bed along the back of the yard….Help!….I would love to enjoy it and not look at a jungle…..:)

33. gloria gaetz says:

Hi
    Two of my favorite shows HSN and HGTV a great combo. I especially like hgtv make overs with recycling and repurposing. My latest project is using an old shoji screen as a fence panel in a small side yard that I want to use as a peaceful Zen space. I am trying to create a yard where East meets West with a spiral labyrinth as a transition. Dual purposed as a patio and sacred space to walk, next to 6 huge cedar trees. Your shows inspire me but I do get carried away and worry that my ideas won't blend as hoped. Thanks for your inspiring designs and sharing your talent and creativity with all of your viewers. I love the flexible payment plan that HSN has, my latest order is a new pressure washer; I can hardly wait to get to my driveway and small patio. Blessings, Gloria Gaetz

and worry that my ideas won't blend as I hope they will (another show idea, save the amateur decorator)

34. I skipped the event! I am a big fan of Johns and really like to look at his display. The amazing factors he does for the whole community in spiffing factors up with sometimes such easy factors as artwork a entrance and placing out some blossoms does amazing things.

35. Julie Brantley says:

Thirty three years ago I was widowed… young (27) with there small children to raise. I became 'Jill of All Trades' and you name it, I've possibly done it/for hire!
    I now comb your issues online for ideas. Many have helped me … things /tips I wish I would have known about YEARS ago!
    THANKS SO MUCH!