What is a Pin Party?
If you watch HGTV regularly or follow us on social media, you’ve probably learned by now, folks here love a good party.
Pair that with our latest social media obsession, Pinterest, and an HGTV Pin Party just seems like a natural evolution.
A few common questions we always seem to receive when we host a pin party are “What the heck is it?” “How do I join?” “Is this an actual party at HGTV?”
All fair questions. When you think about it…really, what the heck is a pin party?
Let’s start with the (very) basics.
If you haven’t joined Pinterest or if you’ve heard about it and just haven’t taken the time to explore…stop reading and go, go, go…now, now, now! You can always come back to this.
But if you’d rather “know before you go,” here’s a quick primer. Pinterest is an amazing photo-based platform where you can collect and share (“pin,” “repin”) any content that interests you. Into mason jar décor? Pin photos of projects you discover from websites or repin photos from friends who also love mason jars. Is travel your passion? Follow other pinners who love travel photos…or pictures of babies, cats, or babies napping with cats. The possibilities for pins are endless.
After you have joined and explored the wonderful world of Pinterest, the next very important step that you should complete is (gratuitous promotion in 3…2…1…) to follow HGTV. And that should bring you up to speed with your fellow HGTV pinners.
Now, back to HGTV Pin Party 101.
First things first…what an HGTV Pin Party isn’t.
“Am I coming to HGTV for a party?”
Ok, so how amazing would that actually be? If I didn’t already work here, I would LOVE an invitation to a party at HGTV. Imagine mingling with the likes of Candice, David, Drew, Jonathan, Genevieve (PS.. I’m still star struck by these guys, they are incredible).
While we love you all and would love to throw the party of a lifetime at HGTV’s campus, we simply do not have room for over 98 million viewers.
“How is an HGTV Pin Party different than any regular day of pinning?”
This is probably the more obvious (and frequently asked question), especially if you’re an experienced pinner.
An HGTV Pin Party is special because…
- We “invite” industry leaders to log on and chat about the content we pin. At any given party, you might get the chance to chat with someone like HGTV host, David Bromstad. Or get handmade holiday ideas from our resident crafting expert, Marianne Canada.
- And in the case of very specific themes, like holiday decorating, it gives us the opportunity to share all the things we’ve been so excited to work on this season.
- Plus, we just love pinning and chatting with you in real time. Your instant feedback on our projects is extremely valuable!
- And lastly, do we really need a reason to throw a party? Just join us and have fun!
That brings us to the real nuts and bolts…“how do I join the party?”
Here are 5 easy steps to join an HGTV Pin Party:
1. Watch for promotion of the party on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook (or bookmark this article as I’ll be updating our party schedule here).
2. Click on the special link we provide. This will lead to the “party” board that we create specifically for the event.
3. Click “Follow” to join the board.
4. On the day and time of the party, log on to Pinterest and click on the party board. You are now ready for the pin party. All party activity will take place on that board, so keep your browser there.
5. Then just repin, mark favorites, and leave comments or questions for the HGTV experts. Enjoy!
IMPORTANT Things to Remember:
- Multiple pins will be shared from HGTV during the party.
- Many conversations will happen in real-time under each individual pin.
- You must refresh your browser often to see the latest pins and conversations.
Really, it’s just that simple. We’ll do all the pinning. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy the show, and repin/comment on what you love.
See you at the next party!
Check out past HGTV pin parties: